answered by zac:
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
yeah, we just released a 7" ep on Patac records entitled Razorblade Express. Its 6 songs and features Mike IX Williams on EYEHATEGOD doing vocals on 2 tracks and also has Derek Engemann from CATTLE DECAPITATION on bass. We just wrapped up a 2 week east coast tour with PHOBIA and are about to head out again on another east coast tour with.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous recordings?
Its definitely our best recording and best performance hands done Nothing else we have done comes close to this. The sound is something I always envisioned and
we finally have captured that . Past recordings, which I stand by 100%, lacked either good production, or the performance suffered due to having people in the band who really should have never been there in the first place.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
No future, no hope, no life , only pain !
Other topics are the domino principle ( you beat me, I will beat mine)
The hypocrisy of political elections
How greed and capitalism can erase a once beautiful town and turn into worthless concrete sprawl.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Have not been asked this is over 10 years. Originally the band was just going to be Intention, and then we added the Strong to it.
I cant say there is one hard reason or meaning behind it. What I can say now is that it relates to more just believing in yourself, your convictions and never ever turn and run.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
2005 Trauma Fest in Spain
2009 NYC Boat show with Eyehategod, Pig Destroyer, Goatwhore
1997 the first time we played with Agnostic Front
the 2004 tour we did with DRI
2006 @ CBGBs with Disfear , Nine Shocks Terror
just to name a few, I could list a lot more.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
In August we are doing a week with MISERY INDEX
and then another week with ABIGAIL WILLIAMS
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new albums by fans of sludge and doom metal?
Its been good. I think people understand we are not a doom/sludge band but do incorporate elements of that sound into our music. Then you throw
Mike IX into the mix and it makes for a pretty powerful trip.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
Its full time line up , but Derek our bass player is also in CATTLE DECAPITATION so that has been keeping him busy this year, so while he is out
we have Sparky Volyes (from Dying Fetus/Misery Index) playing with us and its been absolutely killer having him in the band.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I think the path we are on now is one we as a band are pleased with. Looking to have another EP out soon or maybe a full length
we are working that out now. I think people who dig RAZORBLADE can expect more of the same on the next release.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Influences are pretty far ranging from Napalm Death to Agnostic Front to Eyehategod to INFEST to Slayer to Van Halen. I like to think we as a band
are not pigeonholed into on genre of music and I think that is a reflection of our musical influences.
Was listening to the new HIGH ON FIRE, TRAGEDY, just checked out Low Threat Profile , some old SFA, Watain.
11. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
I like to travel , I like to spend time with my girl Fanny ( the queen of stoner/doom metal) . I just like to keep busy and not feel like
I am letting life pass me by.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanx for reaching out for this interview
and remember, no matter what you have been told, there is no such thing as streets of gold.
http://strongintention.bigcartel.com/ ( Our merch store)