1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
1. We have been working with our label and our cover artist,booking shows and other stuff to get all the pieces together ready for release.
2.You have a new album coming out in June, how would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how does it differ from the full length you had released in 2012?
2. The sound is heavy,more focused and more mature. Well our debut album from 2012 was first time for us recoding a full length together as a band so we were more prepared this time and more experienced.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new album and also how would you describe your progress as songwriters over the last 2 years?
3.The lyrics brings up the fear of dealing with everyday anxiety. We've become more patient with songwriting and take advantage of each other's ideas and does not stress through the songwriting process.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Miasmic Theory'?
4. The inspiration came from the term miasma witch is the designation for pretty bad stuff back in the days. The miasma theory held that disease such as cholera or the black death was caused by the miasma.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. One of the greatest shows was a indoor festival in northern Sweden called House of Metal. We have done lot of great shows,like our release party show for our debut album. that was a pretty crazy night,crowded venue and everybody had a blast! On stage we give all we got,lot of energy and we just enjoy the moment and make sure the crowd gets a good time.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
6.We have a pre-release party show 31st of may. We are busy with booking shows for the moment so not so many shows confirmed yet.
7.So far you have had Dead hand Label Label and Inverse Records release your albums, do you feel these 2 labels have helped you out a lot when it comes to getting your music out there heard?
7. This will be our first real release with Inverse records so we have to wait and see how things work out. But so far we are happy to cooperate with Inverse.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
8. The feedback has been overwhelming. We have received great reviews world wide and thats honorable. Its awesome when people show appreciation for your work.
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. Writing new songs,recording new album and play as many shows as possible.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. We have a lot of different influences in the band. But if we have to choose i would say from the beginning when we started this band our idea was to put together fast two stroke songs like early The Haunted,Dimension Zero,The Crown,Darkane and so on. But during time pass by you find your own way to write and you find different ways to find inspiration and its not always the music you listen to. We have all kinds of taste of music in the band like,Misery index,Entombed,Gojira,Benighted,Decapitated,Dark Trangillity,Meshuggah,Pantera,Soilwork,Immolation, the list goes and and on :)
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. Our drummer is into running marathons,bicycling,swimming and other crazy long-distance stuff. Other interest we have are fishing,play football,BBQ and beer!
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. We hope you enjoy our upcoming album and we you soon on a Miasmic Theory show near you!