1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Lionel : Since October, we do not play more than two. Greg, the singer, and Mello, bassist, did not have much time for the group. So, in October, we had the opportunity to play with Voivoid an old metal band, and Greg Mello and could not be there. Was repeated both after noon before the concert, we played in the evening and it was great, which made it preferred to stay like that. So now the line-up is Dave on guitar and vocals, and Lionel drums and vocals.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer material and how it differs from past releases?
Dave : The band exist since more of 20 years and the sound had changed with the differents line-up. Our old stuffs was directly influenced by Napalm Death "Scum" and the first wave of Grind/Custcore and bands like Siege, SSD, Minor Threat.... In 92/97 years the sound was more "metal" but still raw. When we have reforemed the band in 08, the sound was more Crustie, Now we're a two piece band and the sound had changed, more heavy and fast. It's still Grinding crust with metal sound nfluences....
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Lionel : The lyrics are sometimes about our lives and especially conventional style topics. Anti-war, anti religion, anti capitalism, anti states and for the love!
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Dave : The name is an opposition to the religious morality on against quite the religions...
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Lionel : There are many concerts that were really good but the one I found the best in terms of energy, rage and spontaneity,it's the gig with Voivoid where we played two.
Dave : Each shows is a good excuse for drinking... hahaha... The shows with VOIVOD was amazing, maybe it's was our first gigs like a two pieces bands and to have practicing just 2 hours before the shows. Sweden was great too !!!!
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Lionel : We try to prepare an England/Scotland tour for the summer.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer material by fans of crust?
Dave : We have receive a good answers for our lasted release the split LP with WARDEAD and I hope the peoples enjoyed the new ones !!! Some copies are still available, trade is welcome !!!
8. Are there any other musical projects going on these days or is this a full time line up?
Lionel : With my girlfriend, we are KJs (Karaoke Jockey), i help her to prepare a cabaret show for the Fusion Festival and we begin an electro-post-punk band project.
Dave : I do not have of other bands at the moment, but various project are on the way, certainly a project of Doom...
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Dave : We want just playing the music we love. A split lp with our friends of BUTCHER PROJECT (Fast HC in the RATOS DE PARAO vein) before the summer. I think the new songs are more fast, loud and intense...
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
L: I'm directly and definitively influenced by Hellnation, Extrem Noise Terror and Napalm Death!! Since the early 90's, i'm a very big fan of New Model Army, and i'm listening always it nowadays. I listen lot of, post punk band like Belgrado or Monozid for the newest and lot of different kind of music like salsa, industrial,goth, crust/grind core, electronic,etc....
D: E.N.T, HERESY, ANTI CIMEX, G.ANX , SEPTIC DEATH, DISCHARGE, METALLICA are certainly my faves bands, but I like a tons of other stuffs, old Boston HC bands like SSD, JERRY's KIDS... Japanses HC, Finnish, Brazilian.... I like too bands like SWANS, NEUBATEN, N.M.A, KILLING JOKE.... Black/Doom/ Thrash Metal....
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Lionel : I like to grow stuff, nightlife and I could almost be a geek
Dave : I make many photo collage and may be one day to make a exhibition.... writing songs, read books, listening music...
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Dave : Thanx for the interview and hope to meet you if we play in uk this summer. You download the split lp with WARDEAD on bandcamp. STAY HARDCORE !!! Cheers !!!