This is a zine dedicated to death/grind with a blackened edge, crust/grind, noisecore and atmospheric and gothic doom metal for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1 - We started as a project. Ex Members of some well know Brazilian bands. Rodrigo (g) and Carlos (d) played at Are You God? and Caio, (v) still singing at Desalmado, both death/grind bands. Are you God? was a very good band, we supported the first tour/ first live appearance for Brujeria in Sao Paulo, 2004. And Desalmado has been good buzz about the band nowadays. We've got a very good response after launch this first EP - Paralaxe and looking for some record label to release a vinyl / cd, Also, lyrics has been translated for english and an idea to record it in english would be great too..let's see..
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2 - We try to not sound similar, as others. Of course, some riffs and beats are the same, the chalenge is to create the whole thing with identity. Mix of grind, death, crust, hc trash, doom; mostly from old influences, not as many "new" bands..
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3- Political, religion, self knowledge, how to live in this world (to survive), filosofy.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4 - Man, i Just create it, heheh, its means nothing...or you can name it as you like. The first idea was to create a strong and small name, Crânula reminds me "Crânio" (Skull) and at the same time, reminds some mistic/obscure thing.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
5 - Is funny, we made only one show till now. We gonna play at a big festival held at the whole downtown here in Sao Paulo, 18th may. There will be photos and videos, for sure.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6 - Not yet
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or received any interest?
7 - Yes, we are looking for it.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of grindcore?
8 - Was unexpected good, well received. Its means we have to open and spread our sound to worldwide.
9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
9 - I play Bass for 16 years on Oponente (hardcore) and Caio sings on Desalmado. Carlos currently plays on Crânula only.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10 - Keep it original as many as possible
11.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11 - Personally i`m keep listening some old bands and old albuns more than new releases, such Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Terrorizer, Corrosion of Conformity, many hardcore/crust bands and of course, some new stuff, Mastodon, Down and a very good band, not so new, Scrotum Grinder I like many kind or music, from Dinosaur Jr to Discordance Axis.
12.Outside of music what are some off your interests?
12 - Family, Art, Play, Work, hehe
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13 - We would like to thank you for listening our EP, interested to make this interview, and looking forward to to do our best and make news fans, doesn't matter where.