Hi, Iván here, we just released our second album "Angst" through Deepsend Records and we are trying to sell some CD's to get some clothes, a pair of boots, and your motorcycle, just kidding, we only need some burritos, fake friends, and lots of "likes" in our Facebook page to get the attention of a big record label to grow our egos and wallets.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
The main concept behind the band always was to mix all forms of extreme metal with whatever musical style we like and fits the songs, we don't like to clone bands with the typical mechanical sound filled with uninspired riffs and repeated structures. Our new record doesn't differs too much from the old stuff in the concept, but is a step forward in experimentation and song-writing with a deliberate search for a more organic sound.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
"Angst" is a conceptual album and all the songs are linked by the same state of mind: the feelings of a deep and existential anguish, which is the sensation I experience when looking to my Facebook wall filled with low-cost memes, cat pics and comments of people -who I don´t give a fuck- talking about Game Of Thrones.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
The meaning of Hybrid is: Hate your Beard in December, and the inspiration was 50% Schwarzenegger and 50% Buck Angel.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
The best ones, are the venues with 20-30 drunk people and outsiders with severe mental issues and black t-shirts of their own band. Maybe one of the best shows was the one with Mouth Of The Architect, great guys, great beards.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Not yet, but when oil prices fall we will be ready to ride our private jet and rock the Casbah.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer music by fans of extreme metal?
So far the reviews have been awesome, we are very confident on the new record but we also know that we are not going to fill stadiums, maybe we need more pyrotechnics.
8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
Chus is busy right now giving drum lessons and touring Jespaña as a session drummer for a thrash metal band called Agresiva, I'm doing some shows and recording an EP with my beard'n'roll band Cachalotauro and Antonio is invoking fire elementals and watching 80's german shemale porn movies.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
#Dynamics, #weird structures, #bald people, #new songs, #lots of cash, #disappointments, #stress, #100montaditos, #Vips, #nosleeptillbrooklyn, #señores
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Dodecahedron, Candiria, Maruta, Morbid Angel, Allan Holdsworth, Joey the Bada$$, Car Bomb, Disco Las Palmeras, Krallice, Genesis, Eros Ramazotti, Scatman John, Nortt, Gadget, Manowar, and Mike Patton doing music alongside Buck Angel and Schwarzenegger with metal dildos.
11. How would you describe your views on Occultism?
Personally I have a scientific view of the things, I don't believe in anything related to unicorns, elves or trolls, but I firmly believe in Schwarzenegger as the saviour of the occidental society.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Typical stuff like building plans to rule the world, corpsepainting, growing our beards, random tattoos with no sense, eating junk food, stilling niggas bikes, and watching cat videos on the internet.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Remember that you can order "Angst" CD through email@example.com or sending DM in our Facebook www.facebook.com/hybridmetal
If you don't buy CDs because you'd rather spend money on drugs, you can hear the whole "Angst" CD here www.hybridnoise.com
Don't forget to like us on facebook, even if you hate us.