1. Well, we are currently preparing new material for an upcoming album. It's going to be a little bit different for us this time since for the first time after the band was formed in Raahe, most of the members are living in the same area, haha! Also, our previous bass player wrote a lot of our material which was then sent to other members online but now we are going to make it more like a band effort, jamming and finalizing the material at the rehearsal room.
> 2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
2. On this new split, you mean? Or in general? Generally speaking, we are grindcore, which you probably knew already, haha! And I think we are continuing the same way on the new split. I think we are definitely coming to our own with our new songs, making them sound more and more like Feastem and nothing else.
> 3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. Things that piss us off, be it political or something about the general human condition. Human greed is the worst thing to have ever happened to this planet and that is something that pisses me off the most.
> 4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Feastem'?
4. Probably the idea to have a name that no-one else can ever have combined with a good mushroom trip. It doesn't mean anything, it's just a made-up word.
> 5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Festivals are always special. Obscene Extreme is always something completelty different, you know you are among friends there, haha! Off the top of my head I'd say that Vilnius on our previous tour was amazing and Paris back in 2012 was super cool too. Lots of stage dives and a proper mosh pit at both shows. I'd like to think our stage performance is all about energy. Angry.
> 6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
Yes, we do. We are playing a few shows in Finland this March and April + we have some tour plans in Europe at the end of the year.
> 7.Recently you where a part of a split with 'Teething', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?
7. Teething fucking RULE.
> 8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of grindcore and punk?
8. It feels like it's getting better all the time. The reception we had on the European tour we did with Cut To Fit was unexpected. So many people were happy that we played their town and generally enjoyed our blasting. It was great.
> 9.Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
9. Yes, I have another band that's more hardcore punk called Famine Year and I also do noise under the name Tyhjiø. Not sure if Olli and Niko are doing anything right now besides Feastem but Pate is keeping busy with all kinds of bands. Death/black, hip hop... Lots of different things.
> 10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. We're going to keep it fast and brutal!
> 11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that ave had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. I don't know man, I guess we are influenced by alot of things, from grind to prog to drum n bass, haha! Everybody in the band has a wide taste in music and I think everything you hear influences you in some way. And jazz also! I go through these phases, you know and lately I've been listening to a lot of early 90's chill drum n bass but also lots of modern, very brutal drum n bass like Limewax, Current Value and The Panacea. A lot of death metal, too.
> 12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12. Food, wine, visual arts, literature, etc.
> 13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. Human greed will be the end of this world as we know it. Soon. Take care of each other!