Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Shivered Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Shivered is basically me writing the songs and hire session musicians to do their best on them,

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
When I formed Shivered I wanted to achieve a disturbing feel mixed up with depression and hopelessness, so I hope I achieved my goal, listeners should decide!

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the music?
“ Journey to Fade “ is mostly about mental illness, depression, suicide but on upcoming records I might come up with anything except happy type of subjects
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Shivered'? The idea was to find a name that was short and represents the style behind the songs, Shivered means shake slightly and uncontrollably as a result of being cold or frightened, which to me it represents the coldness behind the songs I make

5.On the albums you have used mostly session musicians, is it hard to found other musicians that are into the same style as you?
Yes as long as I live in Iran, because as you may know or not making metal music in Iran is like doing a crime due to the laws of our country unfortunately, so it’s indeed hard to find or trust a musician here.

6.If the opportunity came, would you be open to doing any live shows? Of course, I won’t do any gigs in Iran and I won’t promote my music here but anywhere expect Iran I’d gladly do gigs with passion.

7.Currently the band is signed to 'SenseSpirit;, can you tell us a little bit more about this label? It’s the label me and my brother founded, it’s a independent label,  before I find the name “ Shivered “ for the band I wanted to choose “ SesneSpirit “ but it didn’t worked out but I really liked the name so I thought it would be cool to use it for the record label’s name,

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of goth and doom metal? So far people from Portugal showed their love for Shivered, it is really hard nowadays to get people’s attention because most people don’t care about new bands, which is so sad!

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I really want to make a concept record in future, and I’d like to change the style of the songs with each album but still maintain the same disturbing and hopelessness feel! Also I really want to form a Death Metal band too,

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays? Right now I’m listening to alot of “ Type O Negative “ and “ Down “ but Katatonia and Antimatter really influenced me to form “ Shivered “ from the beginning and they will influence me to the end!

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
I really love Technology and video games,

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I really want people give the new bands a chance and listen to their music, it’s not the bands who keep music alive it’s the listeners, and thank you so much for this nice interview! Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment