1.Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Fake Asian Rolex are five dudes that met at a Maine Coon cat breeders. After chatting for a while we decided to form a band.
2.How would you describe your musical sound?
A cats meow, a dolphins ultra sound and the savagery of grind.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
On this CD there's a song that lightly talks about the potential that one day dolphins that we have enslaved in the goal to make them do tricks so that our obese children may have a laugh in aquatic parks, that they may have their day of reckoning. And that by some weird way they are able to inseminate our women and thus create a hybrid race that will be hellbent on conquering the world and demand reparation for the century of humiliation, half of you will only see this as that uhmteenth delirium by some lead singer in some band having some creative drought problems and taking the easy way out. And that he's talking about useless subjects to escape reality, whereas a secong group will understand it for being the subtil metaphor of an inevitable revenge of nature for being soiled by the mass industrialisation by modern society blinded by it's own narcissism. Both ideas are valid.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Fake Asian Rolex means that it's like something awesome but it isn't we you take a closer look.
We're kinda like Metallica but we aren't aware of our talent.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Uh... When we opened for Slayer on the "Reign In Pain Tour" back in 86, promoting their epic Reign in Blood.
It was cool, even though celibrity had gone straight to their head I still felt I should give Dave Lombardo a few pointers.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Every summer Converge ask us to open for them but our drummer is off at the Maire camping site in Serignan (Herault, France).
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for your music?
We're in talks with Roadrunner Records but it's a secret.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of underground music?
A lot of people were questioning our artwork for "74K34514NR013X Ep" with the cat on it, and they thought they were dealing with a bunch of jokers but most of them have been quite happily surprised.
So far nothing bad has come out, no bad reviews or even criticism.
But my god how we tried to be hated > questionable taste, home recording, distorion ON EVERYTHING, feedback, dirty ass drums, sick looking photos on facebook, we insult people for liking us, we hoped the worst for them in 2013... BUT NOTHING FUCKING WORKS, EVERYONE LOVES FAKE ASIAN ROLEX.... It's hopeless....
9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
We don't have any real objectives, if a riff is grind and sounds awesome, hell yeah we'll keep it, if it's punk same shit, chaotic riff hellz yeah stick that piece a shit it my song!
We don't care, there are no restrictions to FAR!
But be sure that it'll only get better.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Converge, Daughters, Jean Michel Jarre, Retox, Slayer, patricia kaas
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Collecting maine coon cats, old medical supplies, taxidermy, tooth pastes, sexual tourism and medieval torture methods.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Meow, piano, AIDS, Seahorse, Speculum, Eiffel Tower, Tracheotomy, dick... is that enough??