1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
We're three guys from eastern france who wanted to play together, create together and travel together.
We all are listening to a wide range of musical genre, that's why we wanted to do something a bit different.
The band started in june 2012, we recorded an EP 6 month later and we are now seeking for shows everywhere to spread it.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
H&C is aiming for sonic chaos, we wanted the energy/rage of the crust, the madness of the mathcore and a bit of heaviness found in postcore.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
It is mostly about values that we despite or defend, but globally, the major idea is that we have everything in our hands to create something good, to evolve, and yet, we fucked it.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Haut&Court is the french equivalent to "hang them high", we want to hang what we despite.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
As we are relatively new, we didn't played a lot, so, the best is coming. We really want to impersonate the chaos from our music, therefore, we're doing our best to get in trance,
get the more energy as possible, like the Dillinger Escape plan for example, but with some more rest on the massive/heavy parts.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
We are booking our weekends as much as possible, hopefully we will really tour this summer across France and Swiss, but we are really aiming to go as far as possible,
we'll see us live Inch'Allah!
7. Currently you are unsigned are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for the music?
We are more focusing on touring for the moment, we have a few proposition and we will be happy to use them for our full length that we are still composing.
There's a lot of great label in the Chaotic hardcore scene, check Lost Pilgrim Records, Basement Apes or Swarm of Nails for example.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
We can't stay in only one genre, we all have several projects besides, even if H&C is our priority!
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your ep by fans of underground music?
Really awesome! We have feedbacks from all over the world and that is truly overwhelming. We've been aired on quite every continents now and that make us really proud of our music as it has been recognized beyond the borders! We will always stay underground, but it's nice to see that we can touch so many different persons!
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
We would definitely keep it more chaotic as ever, we need some audio miasma and madness on stage as well!
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
They are so many, Gaza, Converge, Trap Them...
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Every form of culture is in our interest, that's why we are always looking for great artwork and nice collaborations. We also like to travel, we will do our best to tour as much countries as possible!
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview/
Thank you for taking the time to support us, the underground scene is always in movement and we're glad to be a part of it!
As said before, we will do our best to tour as much as possible, so… see you soon live!