Friday, March 1, 2013

B.A.M.H Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
1.Well. I started bamh when I was actually 17 back in 2008 around like october. I dont exactly remember the day though but for a while I was tryin to think of a name & the first name was 'Funeral For A Massacre' but then I heard there was a band named 'Funeral For A Friend' so that made me think of something else & one day the name popped to me thinking of the texas chainsaw massacres house or what its based off & the name came to me 'Birth At The Massacres House' heh heh. I was on a school bus at that very moment when I thought of it. Sorry. It is a long story when it started. Haha.

2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. How I would describe my music is either you want to either curse me out for offending someone if I say the lyrics out to . Cough* Cough* jose munoz. He hates my music since I use so much profanity in my stuff & I can say there is a few of these scene kids I know that are terrorfied of my music because they listen to a lot of core music. Granit. I do to but im very picky when it comes to the core scene. But other things. or than that. It does have some people dancing since ive came out with a nintendogore album & a mix mash of goregrind & nintendocore music of me playing guitar with synths in the B.C.D. split.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3.well usually my lyrics sometimes come off sex appeal or rape & bondage or necrophilia. Other than that i'll say canniblism falls in the lines of my lyrics & last not believing in the apocalypse that everyone was flipping about. Hey look were still here heh? Yeh. I knew it was crap from the begining.


4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the project's name?
4.the inspiration on my band name was the story behind 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre SlaughterHouse' everyone thinks thats how it is from the movie puts it but the story behind it is totally different the original guy only killed two people and took there skin off & wore it as a coat & would usually steal recently burried bodies & do the same thing but did that a whole lot more. Thats what my one man band is named after.

5. Currently there is only one member in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future, or do you choose to remain solo?
5.i do plan to get a live drummer at some point of time. For an example 'Timi Filth' he is the fastest drummer known in aggieland (College station, Tx) & he and I have always been in the TXDM music scene for a while. Especially me since 2008. & we always get told our styles will mash together very well but other than that I will stay as works as a one man band till im no longer feeling for b.a.m.h. Stuff but that wont be a while....a long while.

 
6. Where is this project located at?

6.Kurten, Tx (Outskirts Of Bryan/College Station, Tx) im a country kid and I dont like big crowded bars unless its hurricane harrys in aggieland.

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of grindcore?
7.well, I have been asked numerous times to do a tour in india because I am friends with some people there and they are big fans of b.a.m.h. (check out purgation. There sick as hell. Love them). And the phillipines I would love to tour with natel cleft & my homie from the other side of the world 'Sanzu' aka: Driving The Illusion is a one man band to and im a huge fan of him & his artwork 'Rot Art'


8. Are you in any other musical projects these days?
8. Yes. Yes I am I play bass for two bands & the first one I play bass for is Anxious Fate Which our influences fall in the lines of slayer & anthrax & the ledgends judist priest & iron maiden & the other band I play bass for name is cold stoned which our getup ordeal is 'drink to have a good time. Smoke weed to feel right' though me n marcial are the non pot heads but drink quite a bit & our style falls to sound like Blues-Fusion Southern Funk Metal but we play out of how we feel & the last band im in is an online band named 'Ingrained Death' which has consetive members all over the U.S. & one from austrailia & spain. We us an app calledwww.pocketband.org so we can all collab music & thats where I am doing all sorts of stuff in there.



9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9.im not really sure at this moment but I am hoping that it will be the kind of stuff to inspire anyone who becomes a fan.


10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10.the person that got me started on the whole one man band ordeal thing was Cody Hancock aka: Predominant Mortification. The original one man band of aggieland. Listen to Perverse Mutilation. Love it & I been told our styles are similar to but I dont exactly see how. He's slam death metal & im more on the goregrind music. Usually what I am listening to is from Sepultura all the way to Alice In Chains which has been like that since I was a kid.



11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
11.outside of music? Well. Every now & then i'll go play pool & drink beer with friends of mine but usually what I do is go to my brothers & watch walking dead with him because im a huge walking dead fan. Hell. My song everyones doomed is about zombies X) he got a new xbox recently so I been asking his wife if I can go over & play a game with him & be like old times when we were like 15 & 13

12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview? 
12.nothing really. I would like to thank a few people though.
My Dad 'John Primeaux',My brother 'Korben Primeaux' & the rest of my brothers & baby sisters & hope to inspire my new baby brother thats on the way. And the one person I would like to thank that taught me my first song but he passed away bout a year and a half ago is my uncle terry. He is the biggest inspiration as a musician to me and mentally too. I apparently look & act like him because everyone thinks im crazy but im usually calm but I do crack nasty comebacks to people here and there. & I would like to thank my fans to keep pushing me to go passed my limit on music as ive done for a long time.

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment